US IMMIGRATION LAW
Benefits of EB-5 Visa for Filipinos
The EB-5 visa is one of the most effective ways of starting a journey towards permanent US residency. Authorized visa holders are also offered numerous benefits.
How to apply for this US Visa?
To apply for the EB-5 visa, one must be able to prove that their invested funds came from legitimate sources, which includes but are not limited to:
- Property Income in the Philippines
- Investments in the Philippines
- Salaries and Gifts in the Philippines
- Dividends in the Philippines
- Commercial Sales in the Philippines
Form I-526, also known as the Immigrant Petition by Alien Investor, is the EB5 application form where applicants can document their fund sources and other legal details.
In July 2022, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services issued a new form called the I-526E, specifically for Regional Center applicants. In both cases, an immigration attorney should be able to help you fill in the details.
Successful applicants receive the EB5 visa once all the paperwork is secured.
EB5 visa holders looking to apply for a permanent residency (Green Card) will need to rely on the success of their investment by creating and preserving at least ten full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years of the immigrant investor’s admission to the United States as a Conditional Permanent Resident.
1. Direct jobs are identifiable jobs for qualified employees within the commercial enterprise into which the EB5 investor has directly invested their capital.
2. Indirect jobs are work shown to have been created collaterally or to have been a result of capital invested in a commercial enterprise affiliated with a regional center by an EB5 investor. A foreign investor may only use the indirect job calculation if affiliated with a regional center.
Note that seasonal, transient, or temporary jobs do not qualify as full-time jobs.
Davies & Associates assists in relocation to America by aiding overseas families to get their green cards as soon as legally possible. This long-established EB5 law firm has never had a case rejected on Source of Funds, which is one of the most challenging aspects of gaining an EB5 application.
Davies & Associates has long-term success, allowing you to get your EB5 US visa as quickly as possible. Our team in the Philippines speaks Tagalog and is ready to assist you with inquiries and the application process.